FLSA Status: TBD
LOCATION: Wausau, WI
Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods. Responsible for ensuring equipment operates and performs as intended. Supports production, business, and other processes in a team-based manufacturing environment. Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of technical tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluates and improves manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, materials, and work flow; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops new manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Develops technical documentation and work instruction, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to papers or presentations. May deliver technical presentations.
- Provides training to floor personnel on applicable technical documentation or work instruction.
- Provides input to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Applies basic lean/six sigma principals to drive improvements to production processes.
- Perform plant layouts utilizing AutoCAD as required.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering.
- Ability to communicate knowledge to peers and colleagues from other departments requiring a thorough understanding of processes, equipment, and facilities.
- Technical Writing skills and investigations processes.
- Knowledge of practical use of lean manufacturing concepts and techniques.
- Good analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be self-directed, self-starter, and be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Enthusiastic, cooperative, and positive behavior/attitude.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject line