LOCATION: Wausau, WI
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of inventory accuracy through the coordination of physical and system inventory movements. The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for, but not limited to, functions pertaining to inventory activities as well as assisting in warehouse inventory audits.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the collection, entry, and accuracy of production data as related to inventory.
- Control the data of inventory movement within production; this includes receiving raw materials from warehouse into production and the tracking of finished goods produced.
- Authenticate the goods in received shipments and maintain notes of any discrepancies.
- Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records in the ERP system.
- Identify, track, and propose solutions to root causes of inventory discrepancies within the warehouse and inventory management system.
- Perform inventory cycle counts as required.
- Identify and track quality hold inventory.
- Assist in tracking and monitoring all damaged product in inventory.
- Assist in implementation of new workflows and processes.
- Prepare regular management reports of inventory counts, adjustments, production yields, etc.
- Coordinate closely with warehouse, production, shipping, receiving, and quality control functions.
- Establish controls and reports to monitor that proper inventory controls are being followed.
- Ensures the proper handling and storage of goods and supplies.
- Establish and maintain audit program to verify warehouse inventory locations and assess effectiveness of controls and process associated with Receipt of Goods, Shipments, Invoicing, Transfers, Returns, and Drop Shipments.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by adhering to and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Competent knowledge of warehouse and inventory systems and processes
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Very strong office software skills and ability to quickly learn and gain proficiency in the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning software
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to problem solve
- Must possess solid mathematical skills including conversion between English and Metric Systems
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage time to meet targets and deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com