Under the direction of the Production Supervisor, the Packaging Team Lead will assist in executing all activities related to the packaging of the product as per the instructions. Also, responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
This position works 4 days per week; Monday-Thursday (5:00a-3:00p). Work is performed primarily in an air-controlled/temperature-controlled environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs packaging duties using packaging equipment or manually if packaging equipment is not available.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and manuals related to materials safety sheets, safety, packaging, cleaning, assembly and disassembly of machinery.
- Follows written instructions to complete tasks for beginning of packaging, completing a batch, work orders, in process testing, batch records and related SOPs.
- Performs simple mathematical calculations required to assist in completion of packaging batch.
- Attends all safety and packaging training sessions.
- Meets project deadlines and performance standards.
- May operate material handling equipment.
- Performs routine cleaning of packaging equipment/facility.
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
- Match all labels/containers with batch records prior to start-up.
- Follow packaging department schedule. Communicate and follow instructions from supervisors and managers.
- Verify accuracy of documents and components before start up.
- Check for document discrepancies and report findings as necessary.
- Complete paperwork in a timely and orderly manner.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
- Adjust machine components and machine tension and pressure according to size or processing angle of product.
- Regulate machine flow, seed, or temperature.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
- Ensure production and quality targets are met on a daily basis.
- Monitors the production line, for pile-ups, jams, or glue that is not properly adhering.
- Count and record finished and rejected packaged items.
- Attach identification labels to finished packaged items, or cut stencils and stencil information on containers, such as lot numbers or shipping destinations.
- Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
- Lead morning meetings to discuss the daily activities.
- Respond to other departmental requests.
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- High School Diploma along with 1 + year of relevant work experience in a food or dietary supplement manufacturing facility.
- Be able to work within established routines, methods and procedures under very strict management parameters.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player in a diverse work group.
- Personal responsibility for following safety rules, SOPs and cGMP guidelines.
- Complies with company policies and procedures, maintains regular work attendance.
- Other duties as required.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org