LOCATION: Madison, WI area
POSITION DESCRIPTION: UAS Labs is looking for a results-driven, motivated process engineer who will provide technical support for a biological process manufacturing facility which includes new products, optimizing existing process, and designing new technologies.
As a Process Engineer at our Madison WI location, you will be part of a team responsible for hands-on start up assistance for operations, providing technical support for the facility which involves monitoring process performance, troubleshooting and problem solving, as well as capital project support and equipment design. The successful candidate will be an active participant in cross-functional project teams, global supply initiatives, process engineering teams, and operational improvement teams.
*Please note: You must be authorized to work in the United States. This position does not qualify for Visa sponsorship.
- Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment and machinery.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles of installation and/or repair of mechanical products.
- Drives technical improvements for processes through collaboration with on-site teams to monitor and manage critical process performance in the facility; including interaction with operations, maintenance, safety and quality.
- Working with UAS Labs leadership team focusing on biological process design; including sterile operation and sanitary design for expansion and site capital projects.
- Monitor and report on process performance, product cost, and operational logistics as well as developing technical assumptions and costs for annual budget.
- Execute projects to support process and efforts required of manufacturing products.
- Track, monitor, and troubleshoot processes and equipment to determine optimized rates for production to ensure process safety and equipment reliability is maintained.
- Demonstrate ability to manage increasing number of projects and/or projects of increased complexity and to complete routing projects independently.
- Coordinate activities and documentation requirements (in compliance with GMP) associated with project execution such as; quality oversight, coordination with manufacturing group, quality, safety and process validation.
- Adhere to GMP, safety/environmental, and company guidelines to assure that a complaint, safe and professional work environment is maintained.
- Take on special assignments of a technical or engineering nature as required or other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Biochemical, or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills
- Prior experience in a liquid chemical processing facility preferred
- Knowledge of GMP manufacturing.
- Ability to meticulously adhere to written procedures.
- Ability to apply logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form.
- Attention to detail with good organizational skills.
- Track record as an effective member of team with strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line