FLSA Status: Exempt
LOCATION: Madison area facility
The Production Supervisor assigns work and coordinates manufacturing activities including set up, processing and tear down activities in multiple production areas and ensures products meet or exceed company quality standards (cGMP), documentation procedures and efficiency. The Production Supervisor trains and develops employees, evaluates work performance, leads daily production meetings, troubleshoots production related issues, reviews production data and utilizes problem-solving skills to improve operations and meet company goals in Safety, Quality and Productivity. In addition, the Production Supervisor will be a champion for continuous improvement, performance monitoring and reporting, and day to day leadership and accountability for the team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Typically supervises 4-7 employees in the manufacture of products to ensure safety, quality and productivity.
- Evaluates employee performance. Conducts new hire (90-day) and annual evaluations and works with management to issue corrective action, if needed.
- Collaborates with several internal departments (HR, Safety, Quality, Training, etc.) to ensure effective training of new Production team members as well as on-going training for existing team members.
- Provides on the floor leadership and development to the team members. Interfaces with the operation director to ensure that the UAS vision and initiatives are fully championed on their shift.
- Works with employees on the floor up to and including having to assist with day to day operations.
- Assigns work and distributes appropriate documents/records containing specific batch instructions and specifications to all production team members.
- Works to resolves any issues related to safety, quality or operational efficiency; Escalates to Operations Director, or other stakeholders, as necessary.
- Make staffing recommendations through participation in talent management activities such as interviewing, hiring and performance management/discipline.
- Support the implementation of action plans to correct observations noted during various audits (Quality, Safety, 3rd party, etc).
- Ensure correct set up and operation of machines. Recommend and coach team members to make adjustment to controls when necessary to regulate operations.
- Inventory and requisition parts, equipment, and other supplies so that stock can be maintained and replenished.
- Perform an in-process and post production review of the Batch Production Records and other production-related documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with effective SOPs/SWs to ensure products are processed, packaged, and stored in a manner that meets customer, cGMP, safety, and internal quality system requirements.
- Frequency of the in-process review will be performed under the discretion of the Production Superintendent
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree, preferred; equivalent combination of education and work experience may be substituted in place of a degree or certificate.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an FDA-regulated or controlled manufacturing environment; preferably industrial fermentation or pharmaceuticals.
- Knowledge in cGMP, inspection guidelines, sanitation, food regulations, and product safety.
- Basic understanding of the purpose and contents within Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) and knowledge of various types of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) available and how/when to use it.
- Basic mathematical skills and the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and conversions.
- Demonstrated Excel, Outlook, Word and general office skills
- Ability to work within established routines, methods and procedures under very strict management parameters.
- Above-average planning skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment without losing focus on priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, co-workers, and/or customers.
- Excellent communication, organizational, planning, problem-solving and follow-up skills.
- Experience in a fermentation-based, food-grade manufacturing facility.
- Operational understanding of the following processes: scale up and inoculation, fermentation, centrifugation, pelletizing, and CIP processes
- Solid understanding of loop tuning and programming issues and ability to provide solutions
- Advanced Microsoft office skills
- Previous experience with new-facility start up or new line/process start-up
- Understanding and involvement in OEE and continuous improvement process.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org