FLSA Status: Exempt
LOCATION: Madison area
The Quality Control Supervisor provides technical and professional guidance to various functions within the organization to support the achievement of quality, safety, sales and production goals. The Quality Control Supervisor supervises a team of QC Analysts and reports to the Quality Director. This is a hands-on supervisory position with a mix of leadership and delivery responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise employees engaged in testing and/or inspection activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Ensure QC tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out, and evaluated.
- Develop, plan and execute validation activities which may include manufacturing processes, equipment, cleaning processes, facilities, and laboratory methods.
- Guide and communicate performance expectations by evaluating performance, providing timely feedback, training and coaching, and recommending personnel actions for assigned staff.
- Coordinate and participate in internal quality/process audits to assess compliance to regulations and the internal Quality Management System.
- Ensure that suitable written records and work is undertaken and kept in accordance with GMP and company procedures.
- Participate in supplier and contract laboratory management activities, which may include audits and qualifications.
- Help facilitate continuous improvement and learning across all functional areas.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 3+ years of Quality Assurance experience in an FDA-regulated manufacturing environment, preferably dietary supplements or pharmaceuticals. ISO 9001 experience is a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of a quality system and its development, documentation, implementation and improvement with respect to standards and regulations.
- Have an understanding of problem-solving and quality improvement tools and techniques.
- Able to plan, control, and assure product and process quality in accordance with quality principles.
- Excellent application, communication, organizational, planning, problem-solving and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player in a diverse work group.
- Self-starter, motivated and ability to work unsupervised.
- Strong computer skills with proven proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio.
- Experience with EQMS and ERP systems a plus.
- Occasional travel may be required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line