LOCATION: Wausau, WI
The Quality Receiving Inspector will work as part of a team responsible for the quality control processes performed in a GMP-compliant, dietary supplement manufacturing facility. The Quality Receiving Inspector will perform various examination, inspection, and verification tasks to ensure quality system requirements are being followed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Obtain samples or facilitate the gathering of samples for raw material, in-process and/or finished product testing.
- Perform checks to ensure that the correct product is being received and that specifications are being met, e.g., inspecting raw materials for various quality defects including cosmetic, contamination, size, etc.
- Ensure that receiving records, including but not limited to truck inspection logs, scale verification records, material receipt forms, etc. are being completed accurately and at the time use.
- Complete QC sign off for samples gathered and submitted to the lab.
- Perform GMP and hygiene inspections throughout the facility including, but not limited to, the weekly facility sanitation and pest control inspection.
- Perform physical tests on samples obtained.
- Ensure that QC monitoring and testing equipment in the processing areas are accurate, in calibration, and functioning correctly.
- Perform cleaning and sanitization verification testing, inspect for adequate cleaning, and release of production and packaging equipment when acceptance criteria is met.
- Other QC-related duties as assigned.
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through a combination of education, work experience and training, including:
- High school diploma minimum. Previous QC and GMP experience preferred, preferably in a dietary supplement or pharmaceutical environment.
- Good oral/written communication and math skills.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Strong observational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Self-motivated while working with minimal supervision.
- Able to follow instructions and manage input from multiple sources.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Able to interact with multiple levels and various departments within the company professionally.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com