FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Wausau, WI – Under the direction of the Material Control-Manufacturing Manager, the Sanitation Technician is responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of the plant to ensure sanitary conditions at all times. Cleaning duties include sweeping, shoveling, and wiping down equipment and panels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Moving and dismantling equipment to ensure proper cleaning and sanitization;
- Using both wet and dry mops to perform necessary duties
- Performing nightly deep cleaning on floors and other areas assigned.
- Strictly adhere to and follow all Sanitary Standard Operating Procedures
- Record information as required.
- Transport machine parts, tools, equipment, and other material between work areas and storage, using cranes, hoists, or dollies.
- Inventory and requisition cleaning supplies, so that stock can be maintained and replenished.
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- High School Diploma along with 1+ year experience in a similar capacity
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an FDA-regulated or controlled manufacturing environment, preferably dietary supplements or pharmaceuticals.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have reliable transportation
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to report to work on time for scheduled night or swing shifts
- Must have an excellent attendance record
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly during shift
- Must be able to follow safety rules
- Ability to accurately record data
- Must be able to read and comprehend Safety Data Sheets
- Ability to strictly adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices(GMP)
- Some mechanical aptitude to be able to assemble and disassemble machinery and equipment prior to sanitizing.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com