Blending Operator– 2nd Shift
The Blending Operator is responsible for all activities related to the Blending/Batching of the product as per formula instructions. Also, responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and manuals related to materials safety sheets, safety, packaging, cleaning, assembly and disassembly of machinery.
- Follows written instructions to complete tasks for beginning of manufacturing, completing a batch, work orders, in process testing, batch records and related SOPs. Required to competently operate blending machinery independently as well as within a team environment.
- Match all labels/containers with batch records prior to start-up.
- Follow Blending department schedule. Communicate and follow instructions from supervisors and managers.
- Use interdepartmental communication to assist fellow operators.
- Dispense formula as required by Manufacturing Batch Records.
- Assist in material inventory, ensuring accurate inventory records.
- Verify accuracy of pharmacy department weight before loading blending vessels.
- Dispense formula as required by Manufacturing Batch Records and check for document formula discrepancies.
- Check all documents for accuracy. Complete paperwork in a timely and orderly manner.
- Maintain SOP’s regarding sanitation of equipment.
- Granulate, mill and screen necessary product. Check documentation for formula discrepancies.
- Monitor blending operation and report any abnormal conditions to the manager.
- Ensure production and quality targets are met on a daily basis.
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- High School Diploma along with 1 + year of relevant work experience in a food or dietary supplement manufacturing facility.
- Be able to work within established routines, methods and procedures under very strict management parameters.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player in a diverse work group.
- Personal responsibility for following safety rules, SOPs and cGMP guidelines.
- Complies with company policies and procedures, maintains regular work attendance.
- Other duties as required.