Customer Care Specialist
The Customer Care Specialist serves as a company ambassador by delivering a high level of professionalism and quality through the delivery of exceptional customer service and support. This position is responsible for ensuring the order process is completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for reviewing purchase orders and entering sales orders, assuring pricing is correct, and shipping dates can be met.
- Works with various organizational functions such as finance, sales, marketing, shipping, materials, production, and quality to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Proactively communicates with internal departments on a daily basis regarding customer concerns, product promotions, and any inventory and delivery issues.
- Handles customer questions, complaints, and billing inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve customer issues.
- Sets up new customer accounts in order entry system. Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent records with a high attention to detail to ensure accurate data is entered in order entry system and other technology as needed.
- Builds relationships and works closely with customers, co-workers, and all levels of the organization in a positive manner to supply necessary updates and reporting as needed.
- Takes the initiative to obtain and consistently upgrade product knowledge.
- Works with other company functions to identify areas of improvement and implement process improvements.
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in customer service. Previous work experience in customer service, sales, training, or member retention required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Displays a high level of confidence, enthusiasm and a positive attitude with the desire to succeed and exceed customer expectations.Has a passion to serve others.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to establish rapport, builds relationships and loyalty with external and internal customers and coworkers, and remains tactful when communicating negative information.
- Demonstrate an ability to display patience, empathy, and strong listening skills while ensuring customer needs are fulfilled in a timely and satisfactory fashion.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to prioritize complex, diversified responsibilities effectively and execute tasks with minimum supervision. Strong organization and time management skills. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Embraces change and is flexible to the needs of the business and team.
- Able to take charge, and work in an energetic and fast paced environment.