Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a fast moving, fun, and innovative environment?
What We Do:
UAS Labs is a rapidly growing and fully integrated manufacturer of probiotic-based solutions. We have been probiotic visionaries for 40 years and are inspired by enhancing wellness and quality of life through innovative probiotic solutions. With a commitment to providing the highest quality, scientifically proven probiotics, UAS Labs continually invests in its people, its processes, and science by sponsoring gold-standard clinical trials. With trademarked super-strains, a strategy of developing superior probiotic solutions, facilities solely dedicated to the manufacturing of probiotic raw materials and finished products, UAS Labs has earned their name as The Probiotic Company®.
What We Are Seeking:
A creative scientist to add to our vibrant team who contributes to our success as a rapidly growing probiotic solution provider. Our Scientist position offers tremendous opportunities to work cross-functionally and develop fermentation and downstream processes that add to or enhance the existing probiotic strain portfolio primarily for dietary supplement applications. This includes independently carrying out research activities and all associated tasks, the demonstrated ability for independent project management, identifying and executing next research steps and capabilities of supervising others.
Some Key Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrated ability for independent project management.
- Planning and executing experimental design, evaluating data, designing next steps, and all associated laboratory tasks pertaining to projects and their assigned priority.
- Developing fermentation conditions and downstream processing parameters to optimize industrial production, enhance cell viability and stability.
- Troubleshooting capabilities for strain scale-up activities from the lab to commercial production.
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Development of personnel and mentor new lab members.
- Incorporate new tools and technologies into the bioprocess development toolkit.
- Stay current in industrial fermentation trends.
- Performs related duties as assigned including total viable cell count determinations.
What Are Our Requirements?
The appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- M.S. in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Food Science, Biology, Biochemistry, or B.S. in similar field with 4+ years of laboratory experience and demonstrated advancement of responsibilities.
- Experience with microbial fermentation, freeze-drying/lyophilization (preferred), and an understanding of microbial metabolism/pathways.
- Demonstrated excellent technical laboratory skills with experience in microbiology, molecular biology, and the use of flow cytometry (preferred).
- Use of statistics in design of experiments.
- Excellent communication, organizational, planning, problem-solving and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work effectively as an ideal team player in a diverse work group.
- Occasional travel may be required.