Lead Fermentation Technician – 3rd Shift
The Fermentation Lead Technician sets up, monitors and controls fermentation processes. That includes staging, weighing, measuring of raw materials to safely and reliably produce and package quality probiotics. The Fermentation Lead Technician is responsible for general sanitation, computer knowledge, Process Pro, and maintaining documentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty while the shift supervisor is absent or out of the office. Essential job functions and duties include supporting shift supervisor with the following, but are not limited to:
- Displays and promotes positive safety behaviors, uses proper personal protective equipment, appropriate safety tools, equipment and procedures that ensure self and others go home safe each day.
- Managing employees in the manufacturing of probiotics to ensure safety, quality and productivity in a hygienic and safe manner in accordance with all process procedures.
- Experienced with running the fermentation process and running CIP’s of process equipment.
- Actively participates in shift exchanges and work team meetings.
- Skilled with using automation software on the HMI, and Historian.
- Tears down, cleans and re-assembles equipment, i.e. mill, vessels and lines.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and responds to deviations in process, product, and equipment.
- Evaluate manufacturing equipment for safety and functionality.
- Motivate workers to enhance production quantity and at the same time maintain high production standards.
- Plan, organize and recommend strategies in ensuing that the product is developed successfully, in accordance with all process speciation documents.
- Develops and recommends improvements of facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Ensure production and quality targets are met by all production employees.
- Assists in training of new or existing employees. Maintains a steady and smooth flow to production without any unnecessary delays.
- Assist in implementing action plans to correct observations noted during audits.
- Set up and operate machines and adjust parameters to regulate operations. Control all label activities to ensure proper storage and inventory levels are maintained. Inventory and requisition parts, equipment, and other supplies so that stock can be maintained and replenished. Perform an in-process and post production review of the Batch Production Records and other production-related documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with effective SOPs/SWs to ensure products are processed, packaged, and stored in a manner that meets customer, GMP, safety, and internal quality system requirements. i. Frequency of the in-process review will be performed under the discretion of the Production Superintendent
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an FDA-regulated or controlled manufacturing environment, preferably dietary supplements or pharmaceuticals.
- Knowledgeable in GMP, inspection guidelines, sanitation, dietary supplement regulations, food regulations, and product safety.
- Demonstrated Excel, Outlook, Word and general office skills Be able to work within established routines, methods and procedures under very strict management parameters.
- Have above average planning skills and multitasking.
- A high level of understanding of the importance of working with in work instructions.
- Motivate staff members and improvement initiatives.
- Excellent communication, organizational, planning, problem-solving and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player in a diverse work group. Other duties as required.