The Maintenance Planner/Supervisor is responsible for planning, scheduling, supervising and executing maintenance work and providing after hours support as required
- Responsible for managing the Maximo maintenance work order process including: work requests, approvals, prioritization, cost effectiveness, labor charges, preventive maintenance, spare parts inventory and work order completion.
- Develop, implement and fine tune preventive maintenance activities within the Maximo. Maintenance Management System to maximize asset reliability, availability and cost targets.
- Maintain and update the Maximo asset database to continuously improve spare parts information, preventive maintenance job plans and maintenance safety plans.
- Analyze work requirements, develops work plans and provides direction to ensure that daily and shutdown related maintenance are executed in a safe and productive manner and assists in solving complex equipment problems.
- Coordinate work flow and scheduling with the maintenance crew and purchasing so that parts, equipment and consumables arrive prior to scheduling the work.
- Lead departmental scheduling meetings to build a schedule that effectively and efficiently utilizes all available resources to perform maintenance work for the following week.
- Prioritize maintenance work orders to ensure that the critical asset maintenance needs are met and visible.
- Maximize equipment reliability and availability through using planned maintenance and the maintenance crew most effectively.
- Enhance preventative maintenance programs by evaluating the function and reliability of production systems and associated equipment. Works with operations and engineering by testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Available for emergency call out and overtime as needed.
- Coach and mentor all maintenance employees to ensure that the agreed to Maintenance Management System procedures are followed and that all required documentation is completed properly.
- Take an active role in maintenance skill enhancement by researching, developing and leading educational opportunities for maintenance colleagues.
- Participate in continuous colleague development by performing interviews, new hire orientation, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions and enforce adherence to policies and procedures.
- Understand their role in food safety and quality systems, actively participates in food safety efforts and ensures all activities conform to good manufacturing practices.
- Responsible for writing reports, business correspondence, and procedures and manuals using Windows-based computer systems.
- Manage a large number of priorities concurrently.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive training and experience in industrial electrical, mechanical and hydraulic applications.
- Training and experience in process controls and instrumentation applications.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with a CMMS (Maximo).
- Detailed understanding of a food manufacturing plant operation and maintenance.
- Ability to lift and transport materials and equipment weighing up to thirty (30) pounds on a frequent basis, up to fifty (50) pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to traverse up to two (2) miles during the course of a work day.
- Ability to move about or to a work site by stooping, bending, kneeling, or squatting frequently during the course of a work day; may require periods of prolonged sitting or standing.
- Ability to operate equipment or diagnose/detect issues of machinery that may be located at different heights; may require work on ladders, scaffolding, or other work at heights.
- Full range of physical motion is required in order to operate manual and electrically powered. tools and electrical test equipment, to move throughout the facility, including climbing stairs in all buildings, and to work at heights.