Pack Technician – SHIFTS 1st, 2nd and 3rd
The Pack Technician is responsible for processing bacterial cultures that meet or exceed company quality standards (cGMP) These activities include: disassembly, assembly, cleaning, and operation of the freeze dryers, the mill and packaging equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Displays and promotes positive safety behaviors, uses proper personal protective equipment, appropriate safety tools, equipment and procedures that ensure self and others go home safe each day.
- Ensures that all personal safety, quality and assigned training is up to date and in compliance.
- Performs production activities at an entry level by operating equipment, cleaning, following the instructions of the supervisor and following all SOPs to ensure product will meet established specifications.
- Communicates manufacturing process status to other operators on shift and the shift supervisor by informing him/her of any delays, equipment problems, or deviations so that the issues can be addressed.
- Accurately documents all production activities by completing production batch record for every batch.
- Contributes to the review and writing of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Communicates with other production operators to inform them of current activities at shift exchange.
- Assists in maintaining accurate inventories of finished products and may assist with cycle counts to ensure that inventory quantities in the system match actual numbers.
- May assist with warehouse activities including after-hours shipping and receiving.
- Assists in fermentation as needed and to cover call-ins or absences as necessary.
- Completes all tasks assigned to assist in the operation and profitability of the company.
- Supports and follows the policy of reporting incidents, near misses and improvement possibilities.
Reports any quality deviations or non-conformances observed to supervisor.
- HS Diploma or GED.
- 1 year+ of similar experience in an industrial production environment.
- Requires good analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills to suggest the solutions that will solve problems.
- Must be able to communicate to the team when needed. This includes written and verbal communication.
- Requires good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to perform in teams in a dynamic work environment.
- Requires computer literacy and ability to use email system.
- Requires accuracy, an excellent detail orientation, initiative to work at a steady pace with deadlines, and a flexible can-do attitude.
- Requires good oral and basic written communication skills to provide information to others by telephone, written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Requires a high degree of manual dexterity with good mechanical aptitude.
- Requires ability to safely operate mechanized equipment, such as lift trucks, hand trucks, and pallet jacks.
- Requires ability to work varying shift patterns and overtime with frequent changes in production plans.