Packaging Associate – 1st shift
The Packaging Associate is responsible for activities related to the packaging of the product as per the instructions. Also, responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Standard Works (SWs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs packaging duties using packaging equipment or manually if packaging equipment is not available.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures, Standard Works and manuals related to materials safety sheets, safety, packaging, cleaning.
- Follows written instructions to complete tasks for beginning of packaging, completing a batch, work orders, in process testing, batch records and related SOPs.
- Performs simple mathematical calculations required to assist in completion of packaging batch.
- Attends all safety and packaging training sessions.
- Meets project deadlines and performance standards.
- May operate material handling equipment.
- Performs routine cleaning of packaging equipment/facility.
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- High School Diploma or 1+ year of relevant work experience in a food or dietary supplement manufacturing facility.
- Be able to work within established routines, methods and procedures under very strict management parameters.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player in a diverse work group.
- Personal responsibility for following safety rules, SOPs, SWs and cGMP guidelines.
- Complies with company policies and procedures, maintains regular work attendance.
- Other duties as required.