Under the direction of the Supply Chain Manager, the Procurement Specialist is responsible for procuring the highest quality and most cost-effective material and promoting the purchasing excellence of UAS Laboratories LLC, while emphasizing the company’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create/Set Inventory Levels; Monitor levels and purchase items as necessary in accordance with set limits.
- Create/analyze various cross-functional monthly reports
- Creates PO and follows up on PO (internal approval, supplier acknowledgement)
- Continuous improvement and knowledge management
- Obtains quotations, evaluates options and conducts management of supplies
- Supports sourcing, if required
- Tracks product/order status and prioritizes orders to business needs.
- Tracks deviations
- Works with Quality to ensure proper vendor management
- Works with Finance to ensure proper credit and financial management
- Manage and build relationships – both internal and external
- Proactively develop supply solutions to meet the cost-reduction, product development and day-to-day production needs of the business
- Act as liaison between procurement and other functional departments
- Place orders with all suppliers. Monitor the status of material shortages and react to any changes or discrepancies in an appropriate manner
- Be a good partner – facilitate the success of our suppliers
- Work to maximize processes within the ERP system as they relate to procurement
- Support the ERP system as a Super User
- Manage and participate in projects as directed, both independently and as part of a team
- Performs related duties as assigned.
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of sourcing/purchasing experience
- Ability to read, interpret and negotiate commercial contracts.
- Ability to handle mid-level negotiations with a supplier’s management organization surrounding pricing, delivery or performance.
- Ability to identify opportunities to reduce the total landed cost of purchased products.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and able to handle multiple projects in a fast pace environment
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office & Outlook; ERP/MRP experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational, planning, problem-solving and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player in a diverse work group.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under time constraints
- Capability to gather/consolidate information from multiple sources in a timely manner