Production Supervisor – 2nd shift
The Production Supervisor ensures that production of products meets or exceeds efficiency and company quality standards. In addition, the Production Supervisor ensures that facilities and processes conform to GMP standards by following the quality management system and its appropriate documents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises employees in the packaging, manufacturing and blending of product to ensure safety, quality and productivity.
- Implements existing production records and makes adjustments as necessary to produce products within specifications.
- Distributes Batch Production Records containing instructions for all production employees.
- Develops and recommends improvements of facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Ensure production and quality targets are met by process workers.
- Assists in training of new or existing employees.
- Ability to make staffing recommendations including interviewing, hiring, and discipline.
- Assist in monitoring all production equipment & utensils.
- Maintains a steady and smooth flow to production without any unnecessary delays.
- Assist in implementing action plans to correct observations noted during audits.
- Set up and operate machines, and adjust controls to regulate operations.
- Control all label activities to ensure proper storage and inventory levels are maintained.
- Inventory and requisition parts, equipment, and other supplies so that stock can be maintained and replenished.
- Perform an in-process and post production review of the Batch Production Records and other production-related documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with effective SOPs/SWs to ensure products are processed, packaged, and stored in a manner that meets customer, GMP, safety, and internal quality system requirements.
- Frequency of the in-process review will be performed under the discretion of the Production Superintendent
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an FDA-regulated or controlled manufacturing environment, preferably dietary supplements or pharmaceuticals.
- Knowledgeable in GMP, inspection guidelines, sanitation, dietary supplement regulations, food regulations, and product safety.
- Demonstrated Excel, Outlook, Word and general office skills
- Be able to work within established routines, methods and procedures under very strict management parameters.
- Have above average planning skills and multitasking.
- A high level of understanding of the importance of working with in work instructions.
- Motivate staff members and improvement initiatives.
- Excellent communication, organizational, planning, problem-solving and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player in a diverse work group.
- Other duties as required.