Probiotic Superstrain LRC ™
Lactobacillus reuteri NCIMB 30242
Probiotic solutions are no longer just for gut health. In recent years, UAS Labs has played a major role in the advancement of high quality probiotics with additional benefits beyond digestive support.
One of the most notable of our science-centered probiotics is our heart health strain Lactobacillus reuteri NCIMB 30242 (LRC™).
According to the World Health Organization, cardiovascular disease is the principle cause of mortality. As a result, strategies for maintaining heart health are increasing. Probiotic superstrain LRC™ is an award-winning, effective strain for heart health, backed by intensive probiotic clinical research.
Probiotic LRC™ was discovered through ProSelect, UAS Labs’ proprietary discovery-enabling technology that identifies probiotic candidates with the potential to promote better health and natural balance. It was carefully selected for its ability to naturally help support total and LDL-cholesterol levels already within the normal range.
How It Works
LRC™ supports healthy total cholesterol and LDL-cholesterol levels in two ways:
- Supporting the body’s natural elimination of cholesterol.
- Helping to maintain the normal amount of cholesterol the body produces
It does this by producing an enzyme called bile salt hydrolase that breaks apart bile acids. These bile acids are natural detergents made by the liver from cholesterol and are released into the intestine with the purpose of transporting dietary fat and cholesterol into the circulation.
As bile acids are broken up by probiotic LRC™ in the intestines, dietary and biliary cholesterol absorption is normalized and the recirculation of bile is altered, resulting in support of healthy LDL-C levels in the blood.
Probiotic LRC™ Benefits
LRC™ is shown to:
- Naturally support total cholesterol levels
- Naturally support LDL-cholesterol levels
- Support the body’s production of Vitamin D
- Support healthy levels of hs-CRP and fibrinogen
- Support overall digestive health
This scientifically validated strain can easily be added to supplements or food and beverage items to create a heart healthy product your customers will enjoy taking.
Strictly dedicated to probiotic manufacturing, UAS Labs is committed to designing innovative and effective formulations, including LRC™.
- Clinical Efficacy and Mechanism – Cholesterol and Cardiovascular Support
- British Journal of Nutrition (2012); 107(10): 1505-13.
- European Journal of Clinical Nutrition (2012); 66(11): 1234-41.
- Gut Microbes (2015); 6(1): 57-65.
- Clinical Safety
- Food and Chemical Toxicology (2012); 50(6): 2216-23.
- Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology (2012); 63(2): 313-20.
- Gastrointestinal Health
- Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy (2013); 13(12): 1643-51.
- Gut (2013); 62(4): 654-6.
- Vitamin D Status
- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism (2013); 98(7): 2944-51.
- Strain Safety & Probiotic Attributes
- International Journal of Probiotics and Prebiotics (2013); 6(1): 1-12.
- Survival in Commercial Environments and Simulated Transit
- Beneficial Microbes (2015); 6(5):753-63.
- Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Food Science (2016); 5(4): 320-325.
- Dairy Science and Technology (2016); 96: 173-184.