The Sanitation Lead is responsible for the cleaning and sanitization of the plant to ensure sanitary conditions at all times and in accordance with UAS’ standard operating procedures. In addition, the Sanitation Lead is responsible for maintenance of the building and grounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the day-to-day implementation of the Master Cleaning Schedule and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures to achieve product safety and productivity requirements and to ensure compliance with regulatory and third-party certification requirements
- Monitors the daily activities of staff, providing instruction and performance feedback to ensure food safety, compliance and productivity requirements are met; working with direct manager to resolve performance gaps (as applicable)
- Identifies and resolves issues related to adherence to as well as continuous improvement of the Master Cleaning Schedule and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures
- Provides initial and ongoing training for direct reports as it relates to sanitation and building maintenance
- Inventory and requisition cleaning supplies, so that stock can be maintained and replenished
- Inspects the facility to ensure the building structure is maintained in a good state of repair. This includes walls, floors and ceilings of the facility; but does not include support systems such as electrical or HVAC
- Plans, schedules and may perform necessary building maintenance
- Establishes, coordinates and oversees contractors related to building and grounds maintenance and/or sanitation
- Strictly adhere to and follow all applicable Standard Operating Procedures
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- High School Diploma along with 1+ year experience in a similar capacity
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an FDA-regulated or controlled manufacturing environment, preferably dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals or food.
- 3+ years’ experience in food safety and sanitation preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English sufficiently to perform the essential functions of the position
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly during shift