Sanitation Technician – 1st shift
Under the direction of the Sanitation Lead, the Sanitation Technician is responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of the plant to ensure sanitary conditions at all times and in accordance with UAS’ standard operating procedures. Cleaning duties include general custodial work, floor scrubbing and basic upkeep of most areas in and around the facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform sanitation duties as required by the Master Cleaning Schedule – this includes general housekeeping tasks, custodial work around the facility (both inside and outside as necessary) and general production area cleaning.
- Perform cleaning of high hygiene process areas
- Strictly adhere to and follow all applicable Standard Operating Procedures
- Properly record information related to cleaning and Sanitation tasks as required
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- High School Diploma along with 1+ year experience in a similar capacity (custodial or housekeeping field of work)
- 1+ years of relevant experience in an FDA-regulated or controlled manufacturing environment, preferably dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals or food
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English sufficiently to perform the essential functions of the position
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly during shift
- Ability to utilize a ladder and other related safety equipment while following all safety procedures