Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager leads supply base development, material and production planning, inventory management, and procurement functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage inventory, maintaining accurate, tight inventory levels to ensure fulfilling customer requirements while maximizing cash flow.
- Provide inventory reports, analysis, and commentary to executive management and appropriate stakeholders.
- Manage the sourcing and procurement team to ensure accurate and timely placement of purchase orders, and active follow-up toward timely delivery that meets requirements.
- Manage material and product planning functions from sourcing and procurement through product realization.
- Coordinate with Quality, Product Management, and Operations functions to identify, develop, and approve new suppliers, and to manage ongoing supplier performance.
- Participate in cross-functional teams at various levels of the product development cycle.
- Coordinate with other functional managers in the development and maintenance of operational procedures that promote efficiency, accuracy, and teamwork.
- Analyze reports, measurements and benchmarks to identify opportunities for improvement. Proactively lead team to continuously improve processes and procedures.
- Train, develop, and empower Supply Chain/Procurement team while ensuring consistent proficiency and approach toward process improvements.
- Work proactively with operations and sales to plan and forecast material needs on a regular basis.
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are achievable through the following combination of education, work experience and training:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Strong supplier management/performance measurement experience and skills are necessary.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Management and Materials Requirement Planning software.
- Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, evolving organization.
- Effectively manage competing priorities and adapt to and manage change with a demonstrated ability to accept additional responsibilities and manage tasks through teamwork.
- Ability to provide administrative direction to employees, establish overall objectives and available resources, and assure that finished work and methods used are technically accurate and in compliance with established requirements.
- Excellent application, communication, organization, planning, problem-solving and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player in a diverse work group.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity.
- Occasional travel is required.