Under direction of the Production Manager the Warehouse Lead assists in picking, shipping, receiving and other warehouse duties as assigned. The Warehouse Lead will also inspect documents for both incoming and outbound freight, while ensuring proper rotation of materials and finished goods on a first in, first out/expired basis. The Warehouse Lead will assist the Production Manager in duties related to international and domestic shipping.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and manuals related to materials safety sheets, safety, packaging, cleaning, assembly and disassembly of machinery.
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced demanding and rapidly growing environment.
- Identify and track root causes of inventory discrepancies.
- Execute and monitor inbound and outbound receiving processes to company standards.
- Participates in physical inventories and cycle counts.
- Perform shipping and receiving duties as assigned.
- Examine contents and compares with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Prepares documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials. Ensure correct shipment of international orders.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Use of forklift to move materials and unload trucks.
- Pick, pack and label materials for shipping.
- Flexibility with schedule around shipment needs
- Ability to fill in for the Production Manager when needed
- Ability to use ERP (process pro) when needed
The appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. Essential job functions and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Experience with domestic shipments, UPS, Fed Ex, FTL and LTL. Â
- Experience with international shipping, Import/Export, and knowledge of commercial invoices and SLI.
- Maintain a safe working environment through compliance of safety programs.
- Responsible for sanitation in the areas of the warehouse.
- Knowledge on inventory control.
- 2 or more years of Forklift experience.
- The ability to lift 50lbs.
- Experience with data entry.
- Other duties as assigned.